Saturday 21 March 2015

Tutorial 5: DIY Rock Coaster

There's no place like home, There's no place like home.

Home is all about the little touches that make it your own. As I've gotten older I have come to realize that getting cute things for my own space is actually a lot of fun. Ladies, have you ever seen something and thought "I need to have it". That's what happened when I saw something like these cute coasters. I decided I wanted to make my own to add to my home decor. Make your living room table a place to show your creative side.


Spring may have just started but i'm already thinking about the summer! This is mainly because I love the hot weather (especially after these harsh Canadian winters eh). Exploring beaches, having bonfires, skipping rocks; the summer is filled with so much fun simply by taking a moment in the beautiful nature around us. Bring those summer memories of the beach or favourite place with you home and make a lasting memory.

Learn how to make a rock coaster for your favourite cup of java or tea in the morning.

Here's what you need!

Materials:
  • Rocks or pebbles (you can go out and find them or buy them from a craft store)
  • Hot glue gun and gluesticks
  • Scissors
  • Rubber placemat 
Difficulty: 2.5 out of 5
Duration: half hour per coaster

Step 1. Cut your rubber place mat into 4"x4" squares


Step 2. Arrange pebbles/rocks is a way that covers the majority of your mat.

(This is the only reason this project takes so long! It's like playing Tetris)




Step 3. Grab your glue gun and glue the bottoms of your rocks to the placemat


Step 4. Enjoy a cup of tea :)


river rock, rock, pebbles, DIY, coasters, kitchen, decor

Lessons Learned/Tips:

  • Make sure you don't glue your placemat to any surfaces because these coasters are fragile and you will have to start all over
  • I would suggest using smaller stones than the ones I used because the stones would be closer together and could be more even for your glasses
  • handle with care and they will last forever
I hope you enjoyed making something personal for your kitchen or living room space! if you want to see any other home decor or organizational tutorials Leave a comment.

 Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment